“Canberra in a Can” is the latest pop-up promotion by VisitCanberra to attract visitors to the national capital.
Habitat Media approached Automatic Vending Specialists to build custom vending machines to vend cans for the “Canberra in a Can” tourism campaign.
Each of the cans contains information packs, tickets, discounts and offers for a short break in Canberra. This meant that the cans were not of standard weight since they did not contain fluids.
AVS technical development team performed rigorous testing and adapted the machines and products to vend the custom cans flawlessly. AVS customised and decaled the machines to the customer’s needs.
There are five “flavours”:
- Culture Vulture: drinking in the galleries, museums and art scene of Canberra
- Horizon Broadener: no artificial flavours or colours – just mother nature in all its glory
- Taste Chaser: for those with a taste for the finer things in life, foodie-orientated
- Eventalicious: quenches the thirst of those after fun festivals and exciting exhibitions
- Family Funster: all the ingredients for a wonderful weekend for the family.
Each flavour contains different activities, events and accommodation.
“Canberra in a Can” promotional video:
The vending machines are in areas of high foot traffic for four days. Canberra in a Can vending machines onsite dates are:
Wynyard Park in Sydney on May 25, 2018
Centenary Square in Sydney on May 26, 2018
Federation Square in Melbourne on May 30, 2018
Melbourne’s State Library on May 31, 2018